Call for Organizers – The 1st Nordic Legal Research Group in ELSA
ELSA Denmark, ELSA Finland, ELSA Norway and ELSA Sweden are initiating the 1st Nordic Legal Research Group which will be held in a contemporary topic of Nordic law. We ask YOUR HELP to MAKE IT HAPPEN.
The Nordic Legal Research Group (Nordic LRG) is an opportunity for law students to actively engage in a realistic research experience, including a symposium, throughout Summer and Autumn 2019. A small group of students from each country will conduct research on shared research questions from different national perspectives. They will share their contributions and give each other feedback before the full work is finalized and published in a collective report.
In Our shared efforts to make the above happen, we urge interested Officers and students from all Nordic ELSA groups to apply for the positions below. All positions will be part of the Nordic Coordination Team which is run from the end of January until December, where the Nordic LRG is set to conclude.
Head of Nordic Coordination Team
Description: The primary role of the Head of Nordic Coordination Team is project management, i.e. to steer the project from start to finish with aid from the Nordic Coordination Team. The Head must maintain an overview of the plan and monitor that it is executed duly by communicating across the whole team. This position requires great organizational and communication skills as well as experience in project management.
Tasks vary based on demand within the scope of the project. You are expected to step in and/or acquire more help if need be to execute the project.
Description: The primary role of the Nordic Coordinator is internal management within the Nordic Coordination team as well as communication towards – mainly – the international academic supervisor and the publishing partner. You will work closely together with the Head of Nordic Coordination Team to instruct and support the team as well as to maintain deadlines. This position requires great organizational and communication skills as well as experience in project management.
- Recruit an international academic supervisor to oversee the project.
- Recruit an international publishing partner.
- Take part in planning and execution of the meetings of the Nordic Coordination Team to instruct and support the team.
- Maintain continuous communication throughout the year with these stakeholders to ensure that deadlines set in the Academic Timeline are followed and that the research meets set requirements. Ensure that all team members are kept up to date about the progress as regards the Academic Timeline.
Description: The primary role of a National Coordinator is to undertake the coordinating of the research in the national group, and to promote the Nordic LRG in the national and local groups. Carrying out the tasks successfully requires good organizational and communication skills and basic knowledge of project management. You will receive comprehensive instructions and full support for the rest of the team along the way.
- Recruit about 5 students to take part in the research.
- Recruit (an) Academic Supervisor(s) for your country.
- Take part in the meetings of the Nordic Coordination Team. You will function as your national ELSA group’s delegate in decision-making within the Nordic Coordination Team, such as choosing the topic.
- Maintain continuous communication with these stakeholders throughout the year to ensure that deadlines set in the Academic Timeline are followed and that the research meets set requirements. Keep all team members up to date about the progress of the research.
- Acquire an Assistant Coordinator, if deemed necessary
Description: The primary role of an editor is to manage the editorial process by ensuring top quality legal research and coherence of all national research reports in each stage of the research. We are seeking both technical and linguistic editors with a comprehensive vision, a good command of legal English and preferably some previous experience in reviewing and editing (comparative) legal research papers.
- Set out effective rules for editing and proofreading of the research in collaboration with National Researchers and the rest of the Nordic Coordination Team.
- Monitor overall that the final research publication is in accordance with the highest formal standards.
- Take part in developing a post-release marketing strategy.
Description: We are seeking members for the Marketing Team to promote the Nordic LRG and to ensure its unified marketing throughout the whole Nordics. Previous experience in marketing and knowledge of ELSA’s marketing practices are essential qualifications. Marketers work in close cooperation with the entire Nordic Coordination Team, as well as with Vice Presidents for Marketing in each national and local group.
- Undertake the creation (from scratch) of the marketing materials.
- Ensure that the marketing materials are distributed consistently in all the Nordic countries.
- Develop a post-release marketing strategy.
Contact and how to apply
Please do not hesitate, if you have any further questions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply before the 25th of January 23:59 CET by sending your CV along with a short motivation letter to email@example.com. We kindly ask you to inform us which position you are applying for and if you have previous experience of ELSA’s operations.